[hylafax-users] CIDNameAnswerLength

Hello all.

I am using HylaFax 4.1.8 built from source on a RedHat
box kernel 2.4.25.  Working well, for the most part.

I am presently sharing a single line for fax and
voice, using distinctive ring to allow HF to answer
only fax calls.  Again working well.

I have been trying to use the CIDNameAnswerLength
field to cause HF to answer after the CID information
is received.  RingsBeforeAnswer is set to 2, the idea
is to eliminate the second ring.  I should note that
caller ID is captured properly if I do not set
CIDNameAnswerLength.

I have been testing by faxing from another line with
known CID info.  If I set CIDNameAnswerLength to a
number greater than the length of the CID name that is
transmitted, the call is answered on the second ring
(as expected) and the CID info is captured completely.
 If I set the CIDNameAnswerLength to a number less
than or equal to the length of the string that is
transmitted, the call is answered when I would like it
to be (after the CID is received but before the second
ring), but the CID name is missing.  The number is
still captured.  This is reflected in the debug log
(ANSWER: CID NUMBER "1115551212" NAME "").

Anyone have any thoughts?  Again, all works well
without the CIDNameAnswerLength set, all of the CID
info is captured and passed.  If it is set longer than
the string that is transmitted, there is no change (as
expected).  If it is set equal to or less than the
length of the actual string, the call is answered at
the correct time but the CID name is not captured
and/or passed on.

Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks
John Lewis