Re: [hylafax-users] Landscape pdf and sendfax

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 13:11:43 -0400
Samuel Jobin <sjobin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ok, thank you.  I tryied to change my orientation of my pdf.  So, i made:
> pdf2ps org.pdf org.ps
> cat org.ps | gs -q -dNOPAUSE -dSAFER -sDEVICE=pdfwrite
> cat org.ps | gs -q -dNOPAUSE -dSAFER -dNODISPLAY \
> -c "<</PageSize [595 842] /Orientation 0>> setpagedevice 90 rotate 0
> -595 translate" -dAutoRotatePages=/All \
> -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -sOutputFile=new.pdf -
>
> But, It doesn't help; i'm still stuck with my landscape pdf in new.pdf.
>  I check on the web and everything I found
> (http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/doc/cvs/Ps2pdf.htm or
> http://casper.ghostscript.com/~ghostgum/pdftips.htm#landscape) doesn't
> really help me.

One possible method would be to convert to pbm format with ghostscript
and then rotate the pbm to the desired orientation.  A final conversion
to tif g3 will produce a file for faxing.

The ghostscript and netpbm tools will do the job.

However, the quality of the original may or may not be reduced by the
process.

There are many ways to achieve the overall conversion.  Consult the
gs and netpbm documentation.

Frank Peters