Re: [hylafax-users] Landscape pdf and sendfax

On 2004.07.12 07:08 Samuel Jobin wrote:
Hi!

I have a landscape pdf file that I try to send with sendfax. The problem is that hylafax seem to chop my document to fit it in a portrait orientation. I tryied to rotate it with imagemagick (convert -rotate 90 1.pdf 2.pdf) but imagemagick do to same thing.

Anyone can send a landscape pdf???

All faxing is standardized on portrait page orientation. So if you *really* want to send a letter page (21.59 X 27.94 cm portrait oriented) in landscape orientation (27.94 X 21.59 cm) then you need to specify a "page size" that matches that horizontal width (27.94 cm). B4 is 25.01 cm and A3 is 29.70 cm horizontally. So, I would guess that you'd need to specify 'sendfax -s a3' in order to send that letter page in landscape orientation.

That said, you probably really don't want to actually send anything in landscape orientation, and the better thing to do would be to put the page into portrait orientation before submitting it. I suspect that you'll need to specify page-orientation and page-size parameters to that convert command.

Lee.