Re: [hylafax-users] routing received faxes to clients

Lee,

  You are (as usual) right about DID being the best way to do this.
However, I have tried to make that sale to a small business client, and
it's a high hurdle.  In many cases, it involves switching at least phone
plans, and in his case phone companies.  It simply wasn't worth the
effort.

  I hope I don't move this off-topic, but right now, we're primarily
concerned with routing faxed-in applications.  These are on our standard
forms, and it is very possible for us to "force"  them to send in apps on
our forms (we already do for regulatory reasons).

  I have floated the idea of barcoding through my customer, and they love
the idea.  However, after searching the archive, I have found little help
(Basically, one guy said he found a $50 solution.... but didn't post it
:(  ).

  Lee, do you have any experience with this?  I know you have settled on
DID for your current application, but perhaps you have a trail you've
given up on that I could pick up?  (It would be VERY nice to route inbound
apps to the processor for the right state.  I know that sounds minor, but
it really isn't in this case.)

Thanks
Bill