Re: [hylafax-users] Recent Modem recommendation ?

Pedro Rocadas wrote:
Any external modem with Rockwell/Conexant-based
chipsets will fit your needs (Lucent too I guess). A
quick search in the mailling list returns good advices
on this topic, but as usual, MultiTech modems are a
good choice, not the chepeast but, you don't want more
headashes right? ;-)

I would be intrested in Multiport modems like the diva cards.

Something that would interface with a BRI or PRI for DID!

Does any one know of what other cards are OK with hylafax? The diva cards in Aus are a little on the pricey side of things to run for testing.

Am ok with using modem bank for outgoing but would like to be able to run DID but running Modems and PSTN lines for doing that is a costly challange.

Thanks

David

--- Erik_Vanherck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi guys,

Since all the modems I have available at the moment
are some crappy US Robotics modems (which work but are generally a pain
in the butt), I'd like to purchase a new analog external serial modem.
I've been browsing through the site recommendations, but unfortunately
the listings seem a bit outdated.

Has anyone recently purchased a good modem for use
with hylafax. Preferably already tested with 4.2 beta and as
little as possible issues with communicating with other fax modems/ or
external fax machines.

Thx for any advice you can give me, Erik

---------

Erik Vanherck - System Programmer & Designer
Inventive Designers Visit http://www.inventivedesigners.com
Visit http://www.inventivedesigners.com/scriptura
for Scriptura information !
Visit http://www.scriptura-xsl.com for a dedicated
Scriptura site

Phone: +32 - 3 - 8210170
Fax: +32 - 3 - 8210171
Email: Erik_Vanherck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5
tons." - Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of
science, 1949