[hylafax-users] CAPI & faxCAPIs

Hello.

I am running a fax server now with 2 active AVM Fritz! ISDN
controllers. These work just fine for receiving facsmile.

I have two configuration files for these two controllers, sitting in
/var/spool/fax/etc/faxCAPI1 and faxCAPI3. Since every ISDN card has
two B channels it is possible to send up to 4 facsmile at the same
time.

--
-rw-rw-rw-   1 fax  dialout   1868 May 26 00:44 config.faxCAPI
lrwxrwxrwx   1 fax  dialout     33 May 26 00:24 config.faxCAPI11 ->
/var/spool/fax/etc/config.faxCAPI3
--

As you can see, I created a few symbolic links for faxCAPI11, 12, 21,
22; where 1* are the interfaces from the first ISDN controller and 2*

I am hoping that Hylafax takes these as different configuration files
and automaticially adds two channels.

After I start the hylafax server I have to add the virtual 'modems'
to the hylafax server by typing:

  ~# faxmodem faxCAPI

If a fax job is waiting in the que it is immediately sent.

However, it only sends with one interface/channel on the first
controller. What are the proper commands? Do I have to do something
else with the configuration files; like not making sym links to the
original files? Do they need to have a different name?

Help is really appreciated. :)

>-- Configuration File > config.faxCAPI --
> SpoolDir:               /var/spool/fax
> FaxRcvdCmd:             /var/spool/fax/bin/faxrcvd_a
> PollRcvdCmd:             /var/spool/fax/bin/pollrcvd
> FaxReceiveUser:         fax
> FaxReceiveGroup:        dialout
> LogFile:                # /tmp/capifax.log
> LogTraceLevel:          0
> LogFileMode:            0600
>
> {
>     HylafaxDeviceName:          faxCAPI11
>     RecvFileMode:               0600
>     FAXNumber:                  +49.2541.918120
>     LocalIdentifier:            "Bense GmbH CAPI11"
>     MaxConcurrentRecvs:         2
>
>     # ----------- outgoing params -----------
>     OutgoingController:         1
>     OutgoingMSN:                1
>     SuppressMSN:                0
>     NumberPrefix:
>     UseISDNFaxService:          0
>     RingingDuration:            0
>
>     # ----------- incoming params -----------
>     {
>         Controller:             1
>         AcceptSpeech:           1
>         UseDDI:                 0
>         DDIOffset:              "12345"
>         DDILength:              3
>         IncomingDDIs:
>         IncomingMSNs:
>         AcceptGlobalCall:           1
>     }
> }
>

> {
>     HylafaxDeviceName:          faxCAPI12
>     RecvFileMode:               0600
>     FAXNumber:                  +49.2541.918120
>     LocalIdentifier:            "Bense GmbH CAPI12"
>     MaxConcurrentRecvs:         2
>
>     # ----------- outgoing params -----------
>     OutgoingController:         1
>     OutgoingMSN:                1
>     SuppressMSN:                0
>     NumberPrefix:
>     UseISDNFaxService:          0
>     RingingDuration:            0
>
>     # ----------- incoming params -----------
>     {
>         Controller:             1
>         AcceptSpeech:           1
>         UseDDI:                 0
>         DDIOffset:              "12345"
>         DDILength:              3
>         IncomingDDIs:
>         IncomingMSNs:
>         AcceptGlobalCall:           1
>     }
> }

Regards,
Bastian Bense

"Never make anything simple and efficient when a way can be found to
make it complex and wonderful."