Re: [hylafax-users] MaxRecvPages somewhat unexpected behaviour - bug ?

On 2004.05.31 08:28 Uwe Dippel wrote:
Had to send 116 pages; knew that the setting of MaxRecvPages: was 100.

So I put some stacks of originals onto the Xerox (transmitter): 30, 30, 28 and 28.

Somewhat unexpectedly, the reception was in four batches of 30,30,28 and *12*.

Probably all were delivered in the same call, but were separated by EOM signals. This sender behavior will break them up into separate TIFFs and commlogs in HylaFAX. You'd have to ask Xerox why it does that, though.

One can argue that these make exactly 100, so yahoo!, but I'd argue that MaxRecvPages is supposed to be per fax; not per remote number (or whatever happened here).

There were 100 pages received in one call.

My questions:

1. Must we perceive this to be a bug ?
2. Am I correct, the MaxRecvPages are per individual session ?

MaxRecvPages are per individual call. Normally this means a single session, but if you consider EOM signals, which allow a sender to transmit multiple documents in one call, then it could actually mean multiple sessions.

Look at the end of those first 3 "sessions" and you will see an EOM signal, I suspect.

Lee.