Re: [hylafax-users] Problem with sender identity in faxmail

Lee Howard wrote:
On 2004.05.05 13:26 Marco Steinacher wrote:

If the incoming email has a from-line like

From: " " <user@xxxxxxxxxx>

faxmail is not able to queue the job (460 Failed to submit job 159:
Unspecified reason).
Obviously there is a problem when faxmail sets 'JPARM FROMUSER "" ""'.

Is the problem the quotes, or is it the whitespace?

I think the problem is the whitespace, because in the logfile I found the following entries corresponding to the failed job:

FaxQueuer[1729]: SUBMIT JOB 159
FaxQueuer[1729]: sendq/q159: line 52: Null or missing sender in job request
FaxQueuer[1729]: JOB 159: Invalid or corrupted job description file
FaxQueuer[1729]: NOTIFY: bin/notify "doneq/q159" "rejected" ""

I did some testing with the following results:

1. From-Header: 'From: " " <name@xxxxxxxxxx>':
-> ERROR
-> server output: 213 FROMUSER set to " ".

2. From-Header: 'From: "My Name" <name@xxxxxxxxxx>':
-> NO error
-> server output: 213 FROMUSER set to "My Name""".

3. From-Header: 'From: My Name <name@xxxxxxxxxx>':
-> NO error
-> server output: 213 FROMUSER set to "My Name".

4. From-Header: 'From: <name@xxxxxxxxxx>':
-> NO error
-> server output: 213 FROMUSER set to "<default-value>".

5. From-Header: 'From: name@xxxxxxxxxx':
-> NO error
-> server output: 213 FROMUSER set to "<default-value>".

So there is only a problem if there are one or more whitespace in the quotes but nothing else.

An acceptable workaround for me is to set the sender identity with X-FAX-From to a fixed string for all messages but maybe it would be good to fix this in faxmail by using the default value if the sender name is empty.

Marco. -- WebSource Internet Services - www.websource.ch Kontakt/PGP-Keys: www.websource.ch/kontakt PGP: 0x0B431D6B - 0BCA FD08 2859 FF1A 4B42 29BD DD91 3A67 0B43 1D6B