Re: [hylafax-users] textfmt: No font metric information found for "Courier-Bold".

On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 01:40:37PM -0400, Hugh Esco wrote:
> Eric Smith:
>
> I would love to see your hack when you have it ready.  I too have been
> having troubles with this font metric error when I attempt to fax a text
> file.  I just installed a2ps (which I had heard of but was unfamiliar
> with).  After quickly browsing the man page, I ran a test.  It sent the
> result straight to the default printer instead of creating a .ps file
> for me to redirect to a sendfax command.  So I looked again and
> discovered the -o switch.  I'm working my way through this as well,
> trying to figure out how I can fax an email or text file from a bash
> prompt or perl script without having to invoke a gui client to produce a
> pdf for hylafax.  I'd appreciate seeing your code, if you would be
> willing.  Thanks.

cat myfilename | a2ps -o - | ps2pdf - -

This command will take the file "myfilename" and write it onto stdout as
a pdf file. Alternately, you can do this:

cat myfilename | a2ps -o - | ps2pdf - /tmp/myfilename.pdf

And that will turn it into a pdf named /tmp/myfilename.pdf. HTH!

--
Michael J. Pedersen
My IM IDs: Jabber/pedersen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ICQ/103345809, AIM/pedermj022171