Re: [hylafax-users] What is a COMREC error?

On 2004.04.21 12:03 Hugh Esco wrote:
What is a COMREC error?

COMREC = "COMMAND RECEIVED"

It means that we received an erronius command. But, more likely, we simply weren't that command at that particular moment (i.e., the sender and receiver are out-of-sync).

And where in the documentation might I find
details about the meaning of error codes?

If you're talking about Class 2 then it's either in the modem documentation or in T.32.
If you're talking about Class 1 then hopefully it's documented in 'man hylafax-log'.

In either case, an answer probably won't be useful without someone who's knowledgeable about fax protocol commenting on it. So just post your log here.

The log you sent is useless because the logging level is too low. In your modem config file set SessionTracing to "0xFFF", restart faxgetty, and try again.

Lee.