From: Simon Perry <hylafax@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Carlos Garcia <fraunkhoffer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] textfmt problem
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 10:14:35 +0100

Carlos Garcia wrote:

Hello,

Yes, I've build hylafax from source in the same way I do with all other stuff. I mean..

./configure
make
make install

and then, I executed the setup utility

faxsetup

The modem works fine and I was able to detect it and configure it in the setup process. At now, I've got the hyla.conf. I've rebuild the package and installed it again. Nevertheless, the error persists. I've looked for the fonts, and they're in the directory I told you. I don't know if it's the correct directory and if they're the correct fonts files.

Any idea?

OK, sounds like we are getting there. As Hylafax derives from SGI, some of the paths and directory structures it expects differ from those used by Debain and other flavours of linux. To get round this you will need to make some symlinks to various packages from the directory Hylafax is looking in to the directory Debian uses. Good instructions can be found on the following two links.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Simon

http://ralphie.perlmonk.org/mosix/hylafax.html
http://www.hylafax.org/archive/2003-07/msg00189.html

Reparaciones, servicios a domicilio, empresas, profesionales... Todo en la guía telefónica de QDQ. http://qdq.msn.es/msn.cfm