[hylafax-users] Login failed: 530 Login incorrect, font metric errors.

Hey folks:

I was on the verge of having a useful hylafax installation until my hard
drive recently crapped out on me.  Last week I rebuilt the system on
a temporary drive, while I wait for my real drive to be replaced.

I'm running into two sets of issues I'd appreciate some help with.  All

Now, I'm getting errors reading:

	Login failed: 530 Login incorrect

everytime I try to run sendfax (from a script which reads in relevant
part:
	sendfax -f "hesco@xxxxxxxxxx" -R -x "Georgia Green Party" -d
"HughEsco@14048060584" GovBarnes-on-PR.pdf  ).

Also, running faxsetup yields several errors related to missing "font
metric information".  I'm running Debian Woody testing.  What packages
do I need to install so that my text files get appropriately converted
for faxing?

Your help is appreciated,

-- Hugh Esco

The faxsetup log reads:

Setup program for HylaFAX (tm) 4.1.1.

Created for i686-pc-linux-gnu on Sun Nov 16 10:16:11 UTC 2003.

Reading cached parameters from /var/spool/hylafax/etc/setup.cache.

Checking system for proper client configuration.
Checking system for proper server configuration.

Setting Ghostscript font path in /etc/hylafax/hyla.conf.

Warning: /usr/local/lib/ghostscript/common does not exist or is not a
directory!

The directory /usr/local/lib/ghostscript/common does not exist or this
file is not a directory. This is the directory where the HylaFAX client
applications expect to locate font metric information to use in
formatting ASCII text for submission as facsimile.  Without this
information HylaFAX may generate illegible facsimile from ASCII text.

Warning: /usr/local/lib/ghostscript/6.53 does not exist or is not a
directory!

The directory /usr/local/lib/ghostscript/6.53 does not exist or this
file is not a directory. This is the directory where the HylaFAX client
applications expect to locate font metric information to use in
formatting ASCII text for submission as facsimile.  Without this
information HylaFAX may generate illegible facsimile from ASCII text.

Warning: /usr/local/lib/ghostscript/fonts does not exist or is not a
directory!

The directory /usr/local/lib/ghostscript/fonts does not exist or this
file is not a directory. This is the directory where the HylaFAX client
applications expect to locate font metric information to use in
formatting ASCII text for submission as facsimile.  Without this
information HylaFAX may generate illegible facsimile from ASCII text.

Warning: /usr/local/share/ghostscript/common does not exist or is not a
directory!

The directory /usr/local/share/ghostscript/common does not exist or this
file is not a directory. This is the directory where the HylaFAX client
applications expect to locate font metric information to use in
formatting ASCII text for submission as facsimile.  Without this
information HylaFAX may generate illegible facsimile from ASCII text.

Warning: /usr/local/share/ghostscript/6.53 does not exist or is not a
directory!

The directory /usr/local/share/ghostscript/6.53 does not exist or this
file is not a directory. This is the directory where the HylaFAX client
applications expect to locate font metric information to use in
formatting ASCII text for submission as facsimile.  Without this
information HylaFAX may generate illegible facsimile from ASCII text.

Warning: /usr/local/share/ghostscript/fonts does not exist or is not a
directory!

The directory /usr/local/share/ghostscript/fonts does not exist or this
file is not a directory. This is the directory where the HylaFAX client
applications expect to locate font metric information to use in
formatting ASCII text for submission as facsimile.  Without this
information HylaFAX may generate illegible facsimile from ASCII text.

Make /var/spool/hylafax/bin/ps2fax a link to
/var/spool/hylafax/bin/ps2fax.gs.

Make /var/spool/hylafax/bin/pdf2fax a link to
/var/spool/hylafax/bin/pdf2fax.gs.

Update /var/spool/hylafax/status/any.info.

Modem support functions written to /var/spool/hylafax/etc/setup.modem.
Configuration parameters written to /var/spool/hylafax/etc/setup.cache.

Done verifying system setup.