Re: [hylafax-users] PCI modem and hylafax

On 2004.04.08 05:46 Christophe Sauthier wrote:

I have important dead lines in the very next days. I am using for the moment multitech modems (MT5634ZPX-PCI), and I am facing reception problem (2-D MMR). Otherwise I am really happy with my multitech modems.

I do not believe that you will find an analog modem that is better than the MultiTech 5634s. I recommend that you stick with the MultiTech.

You state that you are having problems with MMR faxes. I suspect, then, that you are using Class 2/2.0/2.1. Firstly, if you have not upgraded the firmware to the latest version then you must do it and do not use Class 2. If you are using Class 2.0 or 2.1 and still experience problems after the firmware update, then I would suggest that you install HylaFAX version 4.2.0 (now in beta) and try Class 1 or 1.0 to see if your problems go away. If they don't, then the problem is most certainly not with the modem or with HylaFAX and something else is the matter.

Lee.