Re: [hylafax-users] reg hylafax mas faxing

> Question 2:
> - I suggest to use cron job to start and stop hylafax server along with
> faxgetty (or faxmodem in send only envir.) Two little scripts do the job.
>
> something like:
> ps aux | grep faxgetty (plus rest of grep to get only PID of faxgetty),
pipe
> that to a kill
> service hylafax-server stop (or whatever name of your process)
(...)
> Anyone could complete? Or suggest something else I could learn from?

According to the man page:

       TimeOfDay
              The default time-of-day restrictions to apply to outbound
jobs.
              Outbound  jobs will be processed only during the specified
time.
              Any jobs submitted outside this time period will be  held
until
              the start of this time.  The syntax for time-of-day
restrictions
              is designed to be compatible with the syntax used  by  the
UUCP
              software.  The following BNF describes the syntax:
                 Syntax = tod ["," tod]
                    tod = <days><timerange>
                   days = "Any" | "Wk" | <dayname>+ | nothing
                dayname = "Sun" | "Mon" | "Tue" | "Wed" | "Thu" | "Fri" |
"Sat"
              timerange = <start> "-" <end> | nothing
                  start = <24hrtime>
                    end = <24hrtime>
               24hrtime = {0-9}{0-9}{0-9}{0-9}
                nothing =
              where  start  and end are 24-hour times, day names can be
either
              2- or 3-characters, and a null day or time  specification
means
              any  time  or day.  White space and other syntactic sugar may
be
              freely inserted between tokens but may not be  inserted
between
              24-hour times in the time range.

              This  value may be overridden by rules in the DestControls
file.

So I guess your line to stop faxing on weekends in hyla.conf file would look
like:

.*    TimeOfDay = "Mon - Fri"

regards,

Michal Rok