Re: [hylafax-users] newbie question: troubleshoot sendfax error messages

* Jonathan Hirschman <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [031018 04:17]:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to hylafax. Tried the faq and the archives for a solution to
> this, hope someone here can help.
>
> After re-running faxaddmodem to reconfigure my modem from class 2.0 to
> 1, I now get the following errors when testing with sendfax (:
>
> root@hyla log # sendfax -n -D -d wxxxyyyzzz /home/jonathan/testpage
> Trying fax device '/dev/tty4c'... cannot open!
> Trying fax device '/dev/tty4d'... cannot open!
> sendfax: cannot access fax device(s) (locked?)

Looks like that sendfax is not the hylafax sendfax.

Try removing old fax software that was installed, or finding where the
sendfax from hylafax was installed and using it.

a.

aidan@xxxxxxxxxxx                                       command like a king,