Re: [hylafax-users] patching source with cvs

On 16 Oct 2003 08:38:34 -0700, Stephen Arnold <arnold.steve@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>> #!/bin/sh
>> cvs \
>>     -d :pserver:cvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot \
>>     rdiff -u -r HYLAFAX-4_1_6 -r HEAD hylafax \
>>     >  hylafax-4.1.7-cvs`date +%Y%m%d`.patch
>>
>> If you have 4.1.7 as a base things are more complicated since 4.1.7 was not
>> tagget in cvs (you cannot do ...-r HYLAFAX-4_1_7 -r HEAD) so that you have
>> to revert the 4.1.6->4.1.7 patch and then apply the above patch.
>
>Assuming you want the latest CVS source, wouldn't it be easier to just
>nuke your current directory (or move it out of the way) and do:
>
>export CVSROOT=:pserver:cvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot
>cvs login (use "cvs" for the password)
>cvs -z0 co hylafax

Yes, but I don't want the latest cvs source, I just want the patch to
rebuild the rpm (which can also leave in /rpmpath/BUILD/... the complete
source code using release tarball + patch).

--
giulioo@xxxxxxxxx