Re: [hylafax-users] patching source with cvs

On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 07:56, Giulio Orsero wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 17:57:28 +0530, "Priya" <priya@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >Can u just tell how u got the CVS code.
> >I tried to get the code from CVS, but in log I see the the Heading as
> >Hylafax 4.1.6 only.
>
> Do you compile it from source or rebuild an rpm?
> I start from src.rpm ad rebuild rpm.
>
> If you have 4.1.6 and want to be up-to-date with latest cvs and don't care
> to download the entire source code, but just the patch do:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> cvs \
>     -d :pserver:cvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot \
>     rdiff -u -r HYLAFAX-4_1_6 -r HEAD hylafax \
>     >  hylafax-4.1.7-cvs`date +%Y%m%d`.patch
>
> If you have 4.1.7 as a base things are more complicated since 4.1.7 was not
> tagget in cvs (you cannot do ...-r HYLAFAX-4_1_7 -r HEAD) so that you have
> to revert the 4.1.6->4.1.7 patch and then apply the above patch.

Assuming you want the latest CVS source, wouldn't it be easier to just
nuke your current directory (or move it out of the way) and do:

export CVSROOT=:pserver:cvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot
cvs login (use "cvs" for the password)
cvs -z0 co hylafax

It would be nice if the hylafax-cvs web page listed the modules that are
defined...

Steve

PS. the image links are broken on the cvsweb thing; you might want to
try Greg's viewcvs instead (it can use enscript to hilite syntax,
cvsgraph, etc.  It's much nicer).

http://viewcvs.sourceforge.net/

--
Stephen Arnold <arnold.steve@xxxxxxxxx>