Re: [hylafax-users] After upgrade "No assignable modem located"

On 2003.10.10 21:43 Ross Boylan wrote:

I'm still suspicious that having two faxgetty's running targetting the
same port is not good.  Is that OK?

No. You'll have no end of troubles running two faxgettys on the same port. One or both will be perpetually in LOCKWAIT or initializing the modem, or something. It'll be a mess.

One is clearly from the inittab,
and the other is clearly from the Debian hylafax startup script.

My opinion would be to rip the one out of the startup script... but, I'm not sure why Pavel (the Debian maintainer) put it there.

Lee.