Re: [hylafax-users] *ARGH* The woes of faxing.

> Switching to "Class 1" is not typically "down a notch" at all.  It's
> more of a language change.

I understand that, what I meant was the the all of the details of protocol
exchanges are driven more by the application than the modem itself.  It
seems to my mind a "lower-level" protocol than the Class 2 ones.  In my SCSI
experience, it's akin to the old NCR 5380 chipset methods of doing SCSI
transactions, where you had to drive the SCSI bus state at every step of the
way, instead of moder ones where you tee up the DMA targets, setup the
command blocks, and fire away and the chipset does all of the bus-sensing,
command, data, and cleanup/request-sensing for you.

> "Stock" USR configs use XON/XOFF (software) flow control.

The file I'm using is called "usr-rts".  That's not a stock file?

> Rumor had it that RTS/CTS flow control was broken on USRs.

I'll give that a go....

Thanks for your lightning quick reply!

=Rob=