Re: [hylafax-users] Windows Printer to HylaFAX

Hi

On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 06:33, Michael Stowe wrote:
> I poked around everywhere, but was unable to find a simple Windows client
> that treats a HylaFAX server like a printer.  w2hfax was pretty close to

Well it's not *really* simple, but if you use samba and sambafax, you
can have hylafax be a printer. The only thing to keep in mind is that
you have to put the fax number as a specially formatted string in the
document you're printing (usually Fax-Nr: 0123456789), but this can be
hidden easily enough (e.g. white font on white background).

It depends what you want it for really, we use the sambafax stuff
because the majority of our outgoing faxes are produced from inhouse
database applications, so they can embed the fax number without user
intervention, but you might want the user to be able to select a
recipient, in which case sambafax probably isn't for you.

Cheers,
--
Chris Jones
IT Department