Re: [hylafax-users] Remote modem

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 01:03:03PM +0200, Nico wrote:
> Hi all.
> Is there a way to let Hylafax use a modem that is phisically connected on
> the ttyS0 port of another computer of the same lan? I mean, how can I
> mount a remote modem to let Hylafax use it?
Try to look at http://www.linuxlots.com/~termpkg/
Basically you need some other software that makes the remote tty behave
as if it would be local. (Which is basically possible in unix via pseudo
tty devices.)

You'll should look if you can get the timings right, but class2 faxing
seems plausible over a LAN.

Andreas