Re: [hylafax-users] Eicon DIVA PRI card

I'm not sure why the card isnt loading from the eiconctrl tool. Thankfully,
I havent seen that error before. Are you sure you are running the kernel
with the ISDN compiled in. Are the appropriate modules (eicon.o I think)
loaded? On my system, the eicon driver is compiled as part of the kernel,
not a module so it is automatically picked up at boot. The ttyI interfaces
are those of the card. However, before you can use them, you need to give
the card the AT&E command which sets the Direct Indial or MSN/EAZ number.
The number that goes here depends on your ISDN system and the indial number
used.
Try it with AT&Eyournumber

to get hylafax to do this when running, change the following line in
config.ttyIx:
ModemResetCmds:         "ATZ&E83881699"

This was what I found with the Eicon card. It was difficult to setup. The
information is all out there, but it is dated, patchy and conflicting. There
would be atleast 3 or 4 ways of doing this and I tried them all with only
this solution working happily for me. Once setup though, I have very rarely
had to touch it except for the occasional reboot.

Chris
Infotec.