[hylafax-users] Courier V.everything Code 44

I have three USR Courier V.everything modems on a RedHat Linux 7.3 installation. ttyS1 is set as a Class 2.0 fax machine with two lines changed in the config.ttyS1 file: ModemResultCodesCmd: ATQ0X3 not ATQ0X4; Class2NRMcd is commented out. ttyS2 and ttyS3 are cofigured exactly the same way. I have experimented with changing the second setting by turning it on.

ttyS1 is able to send and receive faxes with now errors.

Both ttyS2 and ttyS3 have Code 44 errors (+FHS:44 Unrecognized Transparent data command; too many attempts to send) when they attempt to send. Briefly, I got both of these to work correctly before I restarted the Linux box. I thought I did so by copying config.ttyS1 to config.ttyS2 and config.ttyS3. I cannot restore this condition.

Many on the list have suggested that this modem be configured as a Class 1 modem. When I use faxaddmodem to create a Class 1 config file, I get ERR No local dialtone. Perhaps others have a Class 1 config they could share or can see the problem that I'm having with either Class 1 or Class 2.

Modem response:

MODEM USROBOTICS COURIER V.EVERYTHING Product type US/Canada External Options HST,V32bis,Terbo,VFC,V34+,x2,V90 Fax Options Class 1,Class 2.0 Clock Freq 25 Mhz Flash ROM 512k Ram 64k/Supervisor date 03/13/98 DSP date 03/13/98 Supervisor rev 7.3.14 DSP rev 3.0.13

HylaFax any.info:

HylaFAX version 4.1.5 built Tue Oct 22 00:55:35 EDT 2002 for i686-pc-linux-gnu