Re: [hylafax-users] where to put AutoAnswere command

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 13:00:24 +0200, Zbigniew Lisiecki <zbyszek@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>56K Faxmodem. As i suppose the reason why i can send faxes, but cannot
>receive them is missing ATS0=1 so (called AutoAnswere) command. I couldn't
>find any correct place where to put this. There is also nothing about it in a
>www.hylafax.org archive. Surely i can submit a shell call echo "ATS0=1" >
>/dev/ttyS0, but as i noticed hylaFAX sends modem initialisation each 60 sec
>with S0=0, so my solution is only for 60 sec duration time.

You don't need any s0=1; you need faxgetty setup in /etc/inittab, it will
answer the phone directly using ATA, so setting modem with s0=1 is useless.

HylaFAX won't init modem every 60sec by itself, it will talk to modem only
if:
- job to send
- fax to receive
- coulnd't set up modem so that it keeps trying until it succeeds.

So, set up faxgetty and look at /var/log/messages.

--
giulioo@xxxxxxxxx