Re: [hylafax-users] just 1 failure and never retried

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 11:32:15 -0700, Lee Howard <faxguy@howardsilvan.com>
wrote:

>Assuming your emsg (should have shown up in the notification message)
>was "RSPREC error/got DCN" I think we can say that for certainty that
>the code never reached the "failed:" marker.  In which case I would say
>that it seems that it did "return (send_retry)", in which case there
>was either a problem with faxq, the sendq file, or the job was
>submitted with maxdial or maxtries set to 1.

>I would double-check the q file in sendq just after submission.

I checked the qXXX in doneq
state:8
npages:0
totpages:1
ntries:1
ndials:0
totdials:1
maxdials:12
tottries:1
maxtries:3
commid:00001641
status:RSPREC error/got DCN

so maxtries was ok.

This is on a remote site, today I looked through the log/files, jobid's and
I saw that the problematic jobs (the one with just ATH0 in log, and the one
with DCN) are not in our db that records sent faxes (unfortunately when
users delete jobs we delete the records instead of marking them as deleted).
So, is it possible that user just deleted (faxrm) jobs and HylaFAX aborted
without marking job as "aborted by user"? That is, is it correct that there
may be code paths that do not mark the job as aborted even if user faxrm'ed?

Thanks.

--
giulioo@pobox.com