[hylafax-users] large multiport systems

I've looked through the faq done lots of googling and have seen mention of
people using HylaFax with 30-48 modems using multiport serial cards and
relatively old hardware (PPro systems), or single port [T1|E1]/modem cards
such as Eicon's.  I have a customer interested in setting up a few large
fax servers (perhaps ~200 ports per system).

For scalability and management, T1/modem cards (like Eicon's) would be
ideal, but cost concerns will likely force them to go with external
rackmount modems and multiport cards...likely Cyclades Cyclom-64Ze's
unless there are much cheaper T1/modem cards that work well with Linux and
HylaFax.

Assuming the systems will be used primarily for broadcast (1 page faxes
converted once, then sent to many recipients) is it reasonable to expect a
modern PIII/PIV based Linux system to send 200 or more faxes
simultaneously?