[hylafax-users] Answering based on DNIS/DID

Hi there,

I am looking to use HylaFax as our fax server, using a
T1 to terminate a large number of numbers.  Due to
abuse by a couple of users, it has been decided that
there should be fax storage limitations placed on each
number.  We therfore want to be able to control the
volume of faxes stored for each number.  We are
thinking of doing this via distinct 800 numbers for
each user, along with T1 PRIs into a card that would
terminate the T1 (no intervening PBX), to determine
the incoming number.

On the hardware side, looking through the mailing
list, I saw that most people suggested that Eicon
boards be used, although I also noticed that the
ifax.com group had also written proprietary drivers to
support BrookTrout cards.

My questions are:
1- Is there any limitation (other than PCI slots) to
the number of Eicon boards that could be used in a
single box?
2- Is there a compelling business case to use
BrookTrout cards when multiple T1s are to be
terminated?
3-  Are other cards supported - such as Intel
Dialogic, or NMS?  Are linux drivers for these other
cards all that is required - I would imagine that they
would have to have been written to a particular API
that Hylafax supports?

4- Assuming an appropriate hardware configuration, is
there a way in Hylafax to look at the DNIS or DID of
an incoming call and to decide whether to answer it or
not?  The issue is that if a certain user has too many
stored faxes, then it should be disabled from
receiving new ones before it has cleaned out old
faxes.  Also, we don't want to be incurring 800 number
charges and actually receiving the fax, only to dump
it after determining it belongs to a user that is over
the limit.  We therefore want to look at the dialed
number and not answer (or even maybe return a busy
signal) when the user has no space left.

Again, from the documentation, it would seem that one
would have to somehow intercept a call before faxgetty
manages to pick it up.  If I need to do actual coding
for this, I would appreciate some indication as to
where to look.

I would imagine that being able to handle calls based
on the DNIS would be a pretty nifty tool in general.
One could, for example, decide whether to just use the
modem for a data call (or handoff to IVR) based on
what the dialed number was.

I would appreciate any insights any and all could
provide in this matter.

Regards,
Mazi.