[hylafax-users] Advice on perl script

Hello everyone,

Could someone please check out:

http://www.hwcn.org/Information/NEST/technol/communic/lca/

This site has exchange listings for North America, and particularly it has a
zip file (srf-can.zip) that one can download that has all the exchanges for
Canada.  Inside the zip file are straight up ascii, flat file "database"
files that list, one per line, exchange, rate centre, and carrier.  Near the
end of the file is a list of rate centre = rate centre.  The dos program that
these files were compiled for takes two phone numbers, and tells you if the
call would be long distance or not.  If only I knew perl a bit better.  Seems
to me a script could convert one of these srf files into a dialrules file.

Anyone who has anything helpful to say on this, please please please pipe up!

Metta,
Rick