Re: [hylafax-users] hylafax and isdn

> I am trying to install HylaFax with a Eicon Diva ISDN
> 2.02 P&Play PCI card on Red Hat 8.0.

Good!

I have installed
> the card and it appears that my kernel supports CAPI,
> as the "modprobe capi" and "modprobe kernelcapi"
> commands do not return errors.

Why you need capi?

 I also gather (from
> searching the archives) that I need to install
> "capi4linux" and "capi4hylafax". However, I have only
> been able to find the files at www.avm.de and I am not
> sure whether or not they can be used with my Eicon
> Diva card. Although it would appear from the
> documentation at www.capi.org that the CAPI interface
> "should" be transparent, i.e. independent of the ISDN
> hardware, I would wellcome comments from somebody with
> more ISDN experience than myself.

I've installed a Faxserver, using a Diva Card.
Install divas4linux_2_4_18_14_RH80_i686-102.162-1.i386.rpm
configure the card as ttyds0*.
Install and configure hylafax-4.1.6-1rh8.i386.rpm
If you need cid support use CID=* into config.ttyds0* and modify faxrcvd or
Faxdispatch to send your fax.
Nothing else to do!

bye
S.S.N.