Re: [hylafax-users] Fax stopped working

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 12:43:28PM -0700, Lee Howard wrote:
> On 2003.07.17 12:31 Ross Boylan wrote:
>
> >Is it worth trying Class 1 with my current software, or have the
> >changes to it been recent?
>
> Try and see.  You may be okay.
>
> Lee.

It worked!  Though with all the cautions about Class 1, I was a little
surprised :)  It is reassuring to hear someone else had good
experience with it.

It did seem my system became less responsive while the fax was
transmitting (I deliberately did very little), but none of my high
priority processes looked as if they were associated with the fax.

Is there anyway to have it adaptively fallback to Class 1 if 2.0
doesn't work (I gather from some of your charts USR probably doesn't
do 2, though I haven't checked)?

Anyway, thanks a lot.  Now I can go back to my other fax issues...