Re: [hylafax-users] How do I get apache to run sendfax?

Hi,

I think something's wrong with your web server/php configuration. What is
error exactly you get?
Running sendfax as nobody would not cause any problem.
Here is a try-out for nobody user:

root@darkstar:~# su nobody
nobody@darkstar:/root$ sendfax -d 05336481789 /etc/hosts
request id is 22 (group id 22) for host localhost (1 file)
nobody@darkstar:/root$ faxrm 22
Job 22 removed.

and executing with a pipe like "raj" did would not cause any security
problems (if I didn't miss anything).

But if I were you I'd made php/cgi script to put the file to a temproary
file and execute "sendfax -d Dest .... /some/temp/dir/temp.123124.file"

Regards..

Onur Can ÇAKMAK
Istanbul Technical University
Distant Learning Center