[hylafax-users] Damn! Hylafax, Multitech, and distinctive ring

Just spent about a day trying to get hylafax working with my single
phone line.  It is provisioned with a second phone number via
distinctive ring.  My results:

*$!@! Modem(Multitech MTS5634ZPX-PCI-V92) seems only implements the
following Voice commands:

+VCID  ( caller id )
+VDR   ( distinctive ring report )

The distinctive ring comes as two short rings as compared to a regular
voice ring.  These are reported by +VDR as DRON=8 and DROFF=variable(I
have seen go from 8 - 40 in tenths of a second).   Well, it apears the
Multitech modem won't give me a RING1 or RING2, as I had hoped.  It just
gives me this fricken distinctive ring report.  So, I tried to use that.
 I noticed that whenever a call comes in on the fax number the VDR
reports DRON=8, so I tried entering a RingFax:    "DRON=8" in my
config.ttySN file, but hylafax isn't buying it.  So the VDR feature
seems useless.

I have RingsBefore Answer set to "2".  Hylafax will answer the call in
two rings if the fax number is called as entered in the config file.
 However, when I dial in on my regular voice number, HylaFax answers the
call about 4 rings later, still as fax(of course).   Although that's
fine, I seem to have no control over this parameter or how to use it for
anything.

Any Ideas?

George