Re: [hylafax-users] fax over a voice call

On Mon, 19 May 2003 16:02:20 -0300
Walter Fetter Lages <w.fetter@ieee.org> wrote:

> 	I would like to dial manually, talk to the person on the other side of
> the line, ask for fax signal (ask for the person to put his fax machine
> in receive mode) and then let Hylafax to use the very same phone
> connection to send my fax. Is it possible? How?

I don't think it is possible.  HylaFAX is designed to schedule and process
faxes in a batch manner, and this would preclude manual dialing.

But the program efax, or its associated fax script, has the option for
manual dialing.  You may want to try it.

Someone might correct me, though, if I'm wrong.

Frank Peters