Re: [hylafax-users] RE : SambaFax problem scanning Fax-Nr

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable advise.

On Tue, 2003-05-13 at 09:22, Xware wrote:
> Well it has perhaps something to do with the driver. You should try this
> :
> Use the Hewlett-packard laserjet 4 PS driver.
> Set the postscript option to : maximum portability.
> The number is perhaps not understood because of a postscript problem
> (like generation encapsulated code or something like that).
> Hope this helps.
First thing I've changed the client side driver of the sambafax printer
from Apple PostScript driver to HP laserjet 4/4L PS and printed a word
document containing a line with;

Fax-Nr : 04077291010

> Remember : in any case, no dashes, no points, no spaces in the fax
> number (the script cuts the number as soon as it encounters something
> else than a number)

Then I changed the format of the fax number in the debug script from the
format;

FAXDEST="+49-40-77291010"

FAXDEST="04077291010"

without any spaces, dots or dashes, the debug script worked, I got a
mail, got a test fax and it seems the problem lies in ps2ascii
conversion. The debug log looks like this;

your sambafax-script has been started!
cat: -: Bad file descriptor
cat: -: Bad file descriptor
cat: -: Bad file descriptor
cat: -: Bad file descriptor

p0: /usr/lib/cups/backend/sambafax  --this is the sambafaxscript and
location
p1:
p2:   --under cups this should be the username
p3:
p4:
p5:
p6:   --under cups this is optional the sambafax temporary printfilename
p7:
p8:

program /usr/sbin/sendmail exists
program /usr/bin/ps2ascii exists
program /bin/awk exists
program /usr/bin/sendfax exists
/usr/bin/ps2ascii: line 18:   740 Killed                  gs $OPTIONS -c
save -f ps2ascii.ps $1 -c quit

Faxnumber extracted: "".
The mailing system is tested, you (root) should receive a mail
request id is 2 (group id 2) for host localhost (1 file)
A fax is sent to 04077291010, check it out
If it does not come out, or if you see errors, you are NOT using the
correct sendfax (have you installed a different faxspooler as well?)
end-of-debuglog

Please note the fax number extracted from the file I send is not
recognised. I tried to convert sambafax.debug.ps to ascii which gives an
error;

# ps2ascii smabafax.debug.log debug.txt
GNU Gostscript 6.51: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1
#

Is that something to do with driver again or there is no Gostscript
installed?

Thanks again,
Shafeer.