Re: [hylafax-users] smbfax and email - solution to DOMAIN+ - no need foraliases

given that smbfax collects the username from it's connection to the NT box
via winbind i would agree that this is a limitation of NT.
i beleive that you will need to add aliases.

                    Chris Jones
                    <c.jones@sta-ltd.com>        To:     hylafax-users@hylafax.org
                    Sent by:                     cc:
                    hylafax-users-bounce@h       Subject:     Re: [hylafax-users] smbfax and email - solution to DOMAIN+ - no   need for aliases
                    ylafax.org

                    05/12/2003 05:43 AM

Hi

On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 15:49, Stuart Herd wrote:
> After much hair pulling and googling i have finally solved the problem of
> initial emails from smbfax and follow-up email notifications from
hylafax.

> * In both cases replace DOMAIN with your own :-)

It's not strictly the same problem, but I have a similar issue - in our
case the users are in the same NT domain as their email domain, so
foo@domain.com passed by NT as the user will lead mails to go back to
the right place, unless 'foo' is a string longer than 8 digits, in which
case it just shows the first 8 digits and then '@domain.com' so I have
to use a bunch of aliases for people with long names.
Does anyone know if this is NT or HylaFax truncating? (I fear the former
is responsible in a you-can't-change-that kind of way ;)

Cheers,
--
Chris Jones
Technical Systems Manager