Re: [hylafax-users] Form Feed Problems With Faxmail -

On Sat, May 10, 2003 at 01:14:07PM -0400, Gil Spaier wrote:
> I am using Hylafax's build in faxmailer to send faxes from an email
> client (pine) through sendmail on RedHat 8.0.

Thank you for calling HylaFAX technical support; my name is Jay.

:-)

> The problem is the user (My Dad) is unhappy with the way page-breaks
> show up in the faxes.  He does not want to manually put in spaces
> because this will make the email look bad.  Is there any way to have the
> faxmailer reformat pages so paragraphs do not get broken up.
>
> Or is there a way to place Form Feeds into a text file so fax machines
> will automatically advance to the next page,while leaving emails looking
> intact.
>
> Or is the dream of sending well formated faxes and emails from the same
> client program and same address book still to go unrealized.

I gather the problem he's having is that the faxmail script is breaking
paragraphs in the middle, and he'd prefer that it not do that; he'd
like to see it break inbetween paragraphs?  That's not always a trivial
thing even to *define*, much less to implement (akin to word-wrap
algorithms that trash webpage [and email :-)]  column widths when you
string-a-whole-buncha-words-together-with-dashes.

But let's make sure we know what the request is, first.  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")