Re: [hylafax-users] smbfax - setuid error?

my bad - i should have followed up to the list.

Turned out i was missing the perl Net::SMTP module, once that was installed
the smbfax program worked as it should with the c wrapper.

Thanks for your response.

great program too :-)

                    Sam Kalet
                    <skalet@conectiv.com>        To:     Stuart Herd <sherd@muscletech.com>
                    Sent by:                     cc:     hylafax-users@hylafax.org
                    hylafax-users-bounce@h       Subject:     Re: [hylafax-users] smbfax - setuid error?
                    ylafax.org

                    05/05/2003 11:25 AM

> I just built a new hylafax server. all is well with the install and
> receiving of faxes.

Are you running linux?  Is this new server running a different kernel than
the
existing one?

> printing from an xp client to the shared printer is fine. An email is
sent
> to me to go to the smbfax generated web page but upon clicking the link i
> get an internal server error...
> i turned on debug level logging on the web server and found...
>
> [Fri May  2 10:26:22 2003] [notice] Accept mutex: sysvsem (Default:
> sysvsem)
> YOU HAVEN'T DISABLED SET-ID SCRIPTS IN THE KERNEL YET!
> FIX YOUR KERNEL, PUT A C WRAPPER AROUND THIS SCRIPT, OR USE -u AND
UNDUMP!
> [Fri May  2 10:48:36 2003] [error] [client 10.117.1.41] Premature end of
> script headers: /var/www/cgi-bin/fax/smbfax-html

It looks to me like the kernel on this box is different from the other one
in
that the kernel does not allow the running of setuid scripts.  You are
probably
going to need to tweak your smbfax install a bit.  In the README supplied
with
smbfax, part 2 (installation), item B talks about using a wrapper binary
that
will probably solve your problem.

Let me know if you need more help...

Sam