Re: [hylafax-users] Fax Image Quality...

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 11:19:10 -0600
Dan Tappin <dan@wavefront.ca> wrote:

> I then created a second PDF and PS file via a custom web page.  I am
> creating newsletter type fax for a website I have created and the
> easiest way is to do it right from the web.
>
> The problem is that the images look horrible.  They are legible but
> they all have a dithered appearance.  I have even tried increasing the
> images resolution from the standard 72 dpi web resolutions.

Could you be more specific?  What exactly are you trying to fax?
Is it a html page with text?  Or is it JPEG or GIF or PNG images?
Or is it a combination?  Color images can't be faxed but thay can
be reduced to greyscale which can be faxed.

Keep in mind that a fax image (in fine mode) is 204x196 dpi, which,
when mapped onto a standard 8.5x11 inch paper is 1728x2156 total
dots or pixels.  The total resolution of an image has to be less
than these values or it must be reduced to fit the page.

Frank Peters