Re: [hylafax-users] need major help with hylafax installation

On Sat, 19 Apr 2003 23:50:14 +0800
Michael Lai <mk_lai@netfront.net> wrote:

> I am currently running on Redhat 9 and it was able to detect my modem on
> /dev/ttyS2.  When I ran faxaddmodem, I set it the port to be ttyS2 and
> it determined my modem to be a class 1 modem.  After the initial setup,
> I ran faxstat to test the hylafax installation and it was saying:
>
> localhost: unknown host

Faxstat uses the file hyla.conf for its configuration.  Just add
the line

Host: <name of your computer>

to hyla.conf and you will not get this error.

> After some r&d, I added $FAXSERVER=Fileserver (the name of my computer)
> and then faxstat responded with:
>
> HylaFAX scheduler on Fileserver: Running
>
> However, it did not mention anything about the modem running.

Forget for now about faxstat.

After you start HylaFAX, check the system logs to see if faxgetty
is actually communicating with the modem.  This should be very
clear from the log messages.  If there is a problem, that should
be indicated as well.

Frank Peters