[hylafax-users] need major help with hylafax installation

  I need some assistance in setting up hylafax as I am not getting much
luck in getting it working.  I am having a lot of problems with the
hylafax installation and I have installed and de-installed it several
times already.

I am currently running on Redhat 9 and it was able to detect my modem on
/dev/ttyS2.  When I ran faxaddmodem, I set it the port to be ttyS2 and
it determined my modem to be a class 1 modem.  After the initial setup,
I ran faxstat to test the hylafax installation and it was saying:

localhost: unknown host

After some r&d, I added $FAXSERVER=Fileserver (the name of my computer)
and then faxstat responded with:

HylaFAX scheduler on Fileserver: Running

However, it did not mention anything about the modem running.  I checked
with nmap and port 4559 was indeed running.  After some pondering and
posting on the hylafax mailing list and didn't get any response back on
this issue, I decided to remove and re-install hylafax again.  However,
after I re-installed it and then ran faxstat, it is now asking me for a
password.  Why is this happening?  I have checked hosts.hfaxd and it has
only one entry: 127.0.0.1.  My /etc/hosts just says

192.xxx.xxx.xxx    Fileserver
127.0.0.1              localhost

I appreciate any help as I am at a dead end and don't know how to move
forward.

Thanks & Regards,
Michael.