[hylafax-users] Cypheus problem

Greetings

First Post - apologies if this is the wrong forum.

I am in the process of evaluating HylaFAX for a customer with a view
of moving him from an NT based system to Linux.

We have been experimenting with Cypheus as a front end and have a
problem with connecting to a MySQL database on the server.

MySQL is installed, running (phpMyAdmin is working fine) and has the
Cypheus tables loaded.

When I try to connect to the MySQL database from
Cypheus>Settings>System>Fax Info Centre I get an error message of
"Error while opening Cypheus' MySQL database. Please check server,
port and user settings".

As a relative newbie with MySQL, we have left the root account
unprotected (it's an internal LAN) and are attempting to connect oin
the default port of 3306. Host name is correct - same as the HylaFAX
server. User name is root - password is blank.

Any ideas where to start looking please?

TIA

Nigel.

--
Nigel Allen, Snr Consultant, ProSmart Consulting Pty Ltd
48 Tiarri Avenue, Terrey Hills, NSW 2084, Australia