Re: [hylafax-users] Retrain while receiving a fax.

On Tue, 08 Apr 2003 15:16:52 +1000
Jeff Litchfield <jeff@pipenetworks.com> wrote:

> It doesn't receive calls from certain fax machines, such the
> one in the example below.  I've been playing with the idea that it is
> the compression - I have investigated the Fax Compressions
> available to this modem using Minicom, and found that it doesn't
> support 2D Encoding.  Now on to the example!  I have disabled
> 2D Encoding (eg. in config.ttyS1 "Use2d:  No"), but still having no joy

I can't decipher your log, but if you want to get rid of the 2D encoding
on receipt the "Use2"d option won't work.  "Use2d" is only for transmission
of faxes and also it belongs in config, not config.ttyS1.  (See
hylafax-config man page.)

The option that you want to change is RecvDataFormat, but it seems
to require a special trick in order to work properly.

You may want to check out this message from the HylaFAX archive on
"How to reject 2D-MMR faxes?":

http://www.hylafax.org/archive/2001-07/msg00222.html

You may also want to try receiving in Class 1.

I've never had to do these adjustments, but I hope this info will
at least lead you in the right direction.

Frank Peters