[hylafax-users] Negative image when sending in "fine" resolution (sendfax -m)

Greetings,

Hylafax 4.1.5 running on SCO Open Server 5.0.6 using a USR 28.8 Fax Modem.

Odd problem here.  I have written a pcx to tif converter using libtiff and some pcx code of my own.  The resulting tif's display correctly in a tif viewer, and fax ok at the lower resolution.  When I fax the image in "fine" resolution, it ends up Photometrically Reversed (white on black).  Other files that were scanned in as tif's and not run through my converter fax without problem at the higher resolution.

I've compared the tif header's of my files and the other correctly faxing tif's -but don't see any significant difference in fields.  In particular, the Photometric Interpretation (260) is set correctly.

I realize this isn't a libtiff group, but am looking to see if anyone has any clues as to what would cause hylafax to do this reversal, so I have a better shot at debugging my converter.

Apologies in advance to anyone who might feel this post is off-topic.

Thanks,
-D. Hamon

Dennis B. Hamon
Systems Engineer