[hylafax-users] ANSWER:

Hello,

For the needs for my company, I installed Hylafax on a server Linux (Mandrake 9.0) and 6 Modems usr-robotics 56k external and receives 150 faxes by day

All functions correctly. However, in reception of fax   in/var/log/messages,

from time to time a message appears "ANSWER: Ring detected without successful handshake "

I consulted the man hylafax-config the ModemAnswerResponseTimeout The tag default is 180000 ms

Question: at the time of the initialization of the modem hylafax configures to you it the S7 register has this value

so yes which can be the cause of this message

Best regards,
Yves