[hylafax-users] hosts.hfaxd nt domain access - syntax or permission's?

I am having trouble with the hosts.hfaxd syntax. I have read the faq and
searched the mail list and news group, and although i have found numerous
references to permission's, ownership and syntax i am still unable to have
my users from my NT Domain authenticate to the Fax server.

Installation is:
RH 7.3
Hylafax 4.1.5
smbfax 1.4

Users are part of DOMAIN, spooling faxes through shared ps printer spooled
to smbfax. Authentication is performed via winbindd. All of this is working
as it should.
When i try to send a fax from a workstation the error in my logs is:

Mar 21 08:18:24 faxserver HylaFAX[5451]: Unable to open the user access
file /var/spool/hylafax/etc/hosts.hfaxd: No such file or directory
Mar 21 08:18:24 faxserver HylaFAX[5451]: HylaFAX LOGIN REFUSED (user
denied) FROM faxserver.muscletech.com [127.0.0.1], DOMAIN+SHERD
Mar 21 08:18:48 faxserver HylaFAX[5459]: Unable to open the user access
file /var/spool/hylafax/etc/hosts.hfaxd: No such file or directory
Mar 21 08:18:48 faxserver HylaFAX[5459]: HylaFAX LOGIN REFUSED (user
denied) FROM faxserver.muscletech.com [127.0.0.1], DOMAIN+SHERD

ok.

Checking the permission's of /var/spool/hylafax/etc/hosts.hfaxd

[root@faxserver log]# ls -l /var/spool/hylafax/etc/hosts.hfaxd
-rw-------    1 uucp     uucp           75 Mar 21 08:17
/var/spool/hylafax/etc/hosts.hfaxd

so, 600 and owned by uucp. - ok

I also verified that uucp and fax have the same uid/gid :

[root@faxserver log]# cat /etc/passwd |egrep "fax|uucp"
uucp:x:10:14:uucp:/var/spool/uucp:/sbin/nologin
fax:x:10:14:Facsimile Agent:/var/spool/hylafax:/bin/false
[root@faxserver log]# cat /etc/group |egrep "fax|uucp"
uucp:x:14:uucp

my hosts.hfaxd

[root@faxserver log]# cat /var/spool/hylafax/etc/hosts.hfaxd
localhost
127.0.0.1
^.*.\DOMAIN\.*
10.117.11\..*
test::EtMsUMazSRnX2

What i have attempted to do is add allow all clients within the NT DOMAIN
to be able to use the service. This did not work.

snip of my hfaxd.conf

<snip>
#MaxAdminAttempts:      5               # max # admin attempts before
disconnect
#MaxConsecutiveBadCmds: 10              # max # invalid cmds before
disconnect
#FaxContact:            FaxMaster       # who gets questions/complaints
UserAccessFile: "/var/spool/hylafax/etc/hosts.hfaxd"     #user+host access
control file
#ShutdownFile:          "/etc/shutdown" # server shutdown control filename
XferLogFile:            "/var/log/fax/clientlog"        # for logging
client file transfers
</snip>

Ok, now my question :-)
Is the syntax of my hosts.hfaxd incorrect? If so what should it be?
Why can the service not open the hosts.hfaxd file? I did read in the
hfaxd.conf file that it chroot's to the spooling directory so i modified
the hosts.hfaxd path to /hylafax/etc/hosts.hfaxd - this also failed.

What am i missing?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

S.