[hylafax-users] access denied

Dear Hylafax users,

I work with a linux SuSE 8.1 and use Hylafax to send facsimile
with medical results. It gives very good results, but its report
(faxstat) does not match our requirements.

So, I've written a bash script to print out the report as wanted.
To do that I need to search/read some Hylafax files and directories
with the find command.

It works fine if the user has logged in as root or if the script is
submitted by cron for root.

When this is not the case I get the message

  find : /var/spool/fax/doneq  permission non accordée (access denied)

To try to solve this problem I've issued following commands

     chmod a+rwx /var/spool/fax/doneq
     ls -ald /var/spoo/fax/doneq
                      gives   drwxrwxrwx   2   uucp    uucp    4096   Mar
11 ...

     chmod a+rw /var/spool/fax/doneq/*
      ls -al /var/spool/fax/doneq/*
                      gives  -rw-rw-rw    1   uucp   60002    796  Mar 10
  10:20 q7

The problem is that the next document sent by Hylafax that is stored
in /var/spool/fax/doneq will not have theses protections but
-rw------ so that access will be denied to the next find command.

How is it possible to read/search files in /var/spool/fax/doneq, sendq, ...
without having access denied ?
I haven't found any solution at this clue so I submit a chmod command
every 2mn with the help of cron (!)

Should Hylafax run under a user id ?

Should other directories of Hylafax have protections rwx for
owner/group/world ?

Should the shell script contain special directives to allow root access
for the
find command ?

Thanks for any help

Nadine