Re: [hylafax-users] There is no entry "START_HYLAFAX" in my rc.config

> I have a Suse Email Server 3.1 running (based on SUSE Linux 7.1) where I want

Really 7.1, not 8.1 ??

> to use AVM FritzCard PCI for faxing (Hylafax package was not a part of SLEM
> 3.1, so I have had to install it separately from rpm binaries).

Where did you get the rpm-package from? Was the rpm build for SuSE Email
Server?

> As I read the instructions about installing capi4Linux, capi4hylafax and
> hylafax (s. http://www.ossi-industries.de/document/fritz_pci.html) I saw that
> there must have been an entry in the /etc/rc.config which is called
> START_HYLAFAX = "yes" or "no" (same information can also be found at
> http://www.hylafax.org/howto/install.html#ss2.3.2). After I installed hylafax
> by yast1 I searched for that entry however it is not there. I would like to
> know if someone has had a similar experience during hylafax installation and
> found out how to solve it.

This entry is just used to control the SuSE start and stop scripts. You
don't need it, if you take care for the start and stop procedure yourself.
--
Holger