Re: [hylafax-users] Error handling

On 2003.03.12 16:19 Chris Shaw wrote:

> Are there any resources available for a list of fax
> machines and software and what their capabilities are?

Any HylaFAX admin can compile this list from a sending server's logs
using the +FIS: result (Class 2) and the NSF result.  A list from one
of my servers follows.

> Another question I have is whether there is any kind of manufacturer
> code or
> something similar that might get passed during a transmission.

NSF is picked up during transmission sessions, but not (because of a
lack of feature in faxgetty) in receiving sessions.

Lee.

(You have to refer to T.32 Table 21 to know what the numbers mean...)

Brother: 3,5,0,2,3,1,0,3,0
Brother: 3,5,0,2,3,1,0,3,3
Canon Laser Class 9000 Series: 7,7,0,2,3,1,0,3,0
Delrina: 1,5,0,2,3,1,0,0,0
Delrina: 1,5,0,2,3,1,0,0,3
HP: 41,8,0,2,3,1,0,0,3
HP: 41,9,0,2,3,1,0,0,3
HP Fax-920: 41,5,0,2,3,1,0,4,0
Panasonic: 7,5,0,2,3,1,0,0,0
Panasonic: 7,5,0,2,3,1,0,0,3
Panasonic: 7,8,0,2,3,1,0,0,0
Panasonic KX-F230 or KX-FT21: 3,3,0,2,1,0,0,5,0
Ricoh: 11,8,2,2,3,1,0,3,0
Ricoh: 11,9,2,2,3,1,0,3,0
Sharp/Olivetti: 1,5,0,2,3,1,0,4,0
Sharp/Olivetti: 1,5,0,2,3,1,0,4,3
Sharp/Olivetti: 3,3,0,2,3,1,0,4,3
Sharp/Olivetti: 3,8,0,2,3,1,0,4,0
Sharp/Olivetti: 3,9,0,2,3,1,0,4,0
Tokyo Electric Corp.: 1,5,0,2,1,0,0,3,3
unknown: 41,5,0,2,3,1,0,2,0
Xerox/Toshiba: 47,9,0,2,3,1,0,1,0

The BR value can vary depending on how the negotiation went... thus,
just because it says "9" doesn't mean that it doesn't support "D", but
only that it was able to negotiate that speed at that time.  Inspection
here shows that HP tends to have the most feature-rich machines.

Lee.