[hylafax-users] Error handling

Title: Error handling

Hello,

We have just replaced some old Multitech analog modems with nice digital PCI modems after a suggestion from Darren at iFax Solutions.  I can't tell you how happy we are now.  We went from an 11 percent error rate to about 1 percent overnight which is huge considering we receive over a thousand pages a day distributed over 300 to 400 calls.  I want to thank Darren and iFax Solutions for helping us with the installation and configuration of both the new modems and HylaFAX.

We are now looking to better handle the few errors we are still getting to be sure our customers never believe we received something from them when in fact we didn't.  Are there any resources available for a list of fax machines and software and what their capabilities are?  For example, does a machine support ECM and maybe it just isn't enabled.  Free would be great but I might be willing to pay for something if it has what I'm looking for.

Another question I have is whether there is any kind of manufacturer code or something similar that might get passed during a transmission.  I would love to have a way to know what fax machine sent me something without having to call the sender.  I know that's a tall order but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks for any help!

-Chris