[hylafax-users] R:

Title: Messaggio

Have you run "faxaddmodem" to set the modem ???? for to have the file ../spool/fax/FIFO.ttyS* end the file .../spool/fax/etc/config.ttyS* ????

Try to use the cypheus client it's very user-friendly  www.cypheus.de
Yes, I can fax successfully from the linux box using sendfax command.

I have tried to configure my hosts.hfaxd  file 2 ways

1.                   localhost

127.0.0.1

10.0.15.239

username::password

[Luciano ;o)] This not !!!

 When starting whfc on the client 10.0.15.239 I get “no status available”, when I click into the send,receive or done queues I get further error saying “linux server (Hylafax (™) version 4.1.5 ready)” , I click on OK and get “User Dhathaway logged in”, I click oK again and get “Port command successful”.

 root::password:password (first line)
              username::password

localhost

127.0.0.1

10.0.15.239 NO!! (10.0.15. so it's correct)

Configured this way when starting whfc on the client 10.0.15.239 I get “no status available”, when I click into the send,receive or done queues I get further error saying “linux server (Hylafax (™) version 4.1.5 ready)” , I click on OK and get asked for a password immediately. I type in password I set user faxadduser and get error “Password required for Dhathaway’, this message appears twice then I get asked to login as USER and PASS. This doesn’t work either.

for the status you must have in the   var/spool/hylafax/status/ttyS* (inside you can find the modem status) The sistem automatically update this file.

Should I be setting IP address in /var/spool/fax/etc/hosts and Hosts.hfaxd as per paragraph “Hylafax” at http://en.tldp.org/HOWTO/Windows-LAN-Server-HOWTO-4.html.

I have done this but doesn’t seem to help.

Based on above this is a permission issue but exactly where I can’t tell

Thanks for your help

You must assign both passwords for an admin and one password for each user, e.g.

root::bDxnNNP6ppYiQ:bDxnNNP6ppYiQ

taher::<password>

gigi::<password>

sluci::<password>